An SSD lawyer is a legal professional who deals with Social Security disability claims and helps those who are disabled apply for disability benefits.
Social Security, being a Federal Government program can be very frustrating to deal with. When you are making an application for disability benefits hiring a lawyer can remove some of the stress associated with trying to understand the laws and the process itself. As you have a physical or mental disability which might be very debilitating, your condition may prevent you from fully understanding or even to cope with the process getting an SSD lawyer in Florida is an excellent idea.
If you believe you are capable of making the initial application that is one thing, in the event your application is denied defending it during appeal is something altogether different. No one is in a better position that the applicant to know when a lawyer is needed but the majority of those heading to appeal will do so with a lawyer to guide them.
An application for disability benefits that has been denied can go through a number of stages during the appeals process. The first is a simple request to reconsider the decision, if this fails, and it frequently does, the next stage is a hearing and after that a review by the appeals council. There is little doubt that it is in your best interest to have an SSD lawyer in Florida to help with disputing the issues that are raised by the panels.
There are a number of factors that you may wish to consider before choosing your SSD lawyer:
* Must be skilled in all aspects of claims against the SSA
* Will assist you in submitting all the supporting date for your claim and assist in completing the application
* Will follow up your application and keep you informed of the current status
* Who will handle your claim? Will it be the lawyer, a paralegal or one of the support staff? You will want someone who is experienced in dealing with disability claims, is well connected and has access to experts if it becomes necessary to support your claim
* Use a lawyer who has handled similar claims to yours, there is a certain criteria for disability claims and your lawyer should be able to gather all evidence be it medical or not to develop a winning strategy.
These are a few of the important things to consider when hiring an SSD lawyer in Florida.
If you are preparing a claim for disability or if your claim has been denied, you should consider hiring a SSD lawyer in Florida. You are invited to contact Southeast Disability Advocates for further details.