Hire a Wrongful Death Lawyer in Boston MA After A Loved One’s Passing

Nothing prepares a family for the death of a relative, especially when the loss is caused by another person’s negligence. A Wrongful Death Lawyer in Boston MA can help a family through the process while pursuing the compensation needed to move on. Here, clients will learn how an attorney can help them after a loved one has died due to someone else’s carelessness.

What is a Wrongful Death Case?

A successful claim will provide compensation for a decedent’s survivors when a loss occurred because of someone’s negligent actions. Wrongful death lawsuits are civil cases that compensate loved ones for the losses they’ve suffered while holding the at-fault party responsible. These cases often occur because of workplace accidents, auto accidents, medical malpractice, and product defects, among other causes.

Who May File a Claim?

When compensation is given in a wrongful death claim, the decedent’s estate collects the funds and distributes them according to the person’s will. In the state of Massachusetts, wrongful death claims can only be filed by an estate’s personal representative. A Wrongful Death Lawyer in Boston MA will work with the family and beneficiaries to expedite the claim.

Getting Compensation

Though money cannot compensate for a loved one’s loss, a successful claim may provide survivors with much-needed financial relief. In the state of Massachusetts, wrongful death compensation may include funding for:

* Loss of comfort, care, advice, and companionship

* Burial and funeral expenses

* Punitive damages

In some instances, a family may be eligible to pursue a survival action. These civil suits allow family members to gain compensation for medical bills and the decedent’s other losses. Every case is different, and only an attorney can give case-specific information.

Get Legal Help

There are certain limits on wrongful death compensation in Massachusetts. For instance, there is a $500,000 cap on medical malpractice damages, and a family can only receive punitive damages in cases involving reckless or malicious conduct. However, an attorney may be able to help a family get around the cap and set realistic expectations. Call the Law Offices Of Burton J. Hass to discuss legal options and get started.

For more information visit us on Twitter.

Be the first to like.

Be Sociable, Share!
    Share This