As you’re going through a divorce, your divorce attorney will play a serious role during the legal procedures. It is important that you feel comfortable with the attorney you have chosen so that you can get the best results possible from this unfortunate situation. When you are searching for a divorce lawyer in Englewood, OH, it is important that you request a consultation before actually hiring them. During this consultation is when you should really be interviewing the attorney to be sure that they are able to take on the case and have your best interest in mind the entire way. Besides looking for experience, knowledge, and personality you will also be looking for affordability as well as the policies and procedures in the law firm. Below you will find a few important questions to ask when determining if you have indeed found the right lawyer to represent you.
2. How long have you been representing clients in divorce cases? – This again allows you to understand their overall experience in divorce proceedings in your state. This is extremely important when choosing a lawyer from in Englewood, OH because laws vary per state.
3. How successful are you at getting settlements outside of court? – Divorces don’t always have to go to trial if both parties are willing to cooperate and agree on who gets what. If you’re lawyer is good at negotiating you may have a winner as cases going to trial can take a bit longer to sort out.
4. If the case does go to court, how successful have you been in the past at getting your client what they’re asking for? – No couple is perfect, and there are times when parties just can’t agree and they need a judge to help them determine where everything should go. You want to make sure that the lawyer from in Englewood, OH that you chose is able to represent his/her clients well and get them a reasonable arrangement.
5. What is your pay rate? – Of course every lawyer comes with a price. You want to make sure that you can afford the rates of the attorney. You also want to ask about legal fees, retainer fees, as well as application fees all upfront to eliminate any financial surprises in the end.
6. Do you have payment arrangements for those who cannot afford the fees upfront? – There are some that will work with you. They understand that you are going through a tough time and may be willing to take part of the money upfront in good faith and work out the rest. Asking this upfront is important.
7. Treat your initial consultation as a job interview for the attorney. You want to be very observant and ask as many questions as you can. If you are going to be paying for their services you do want to make sure that they are up to par, select Lopez, Severt & Pratt Co., L.P.A. in Englewood, OH it is always gives best results.