Purchasing a home, or selling a home can be a very complicated transaction. There are mountains of paperwork and a great deal of legal jargon involved in the purchase or sale of a home which many people may not understand. This is where a Real Estate Lawyer in Cornelius NC comes in. A real estate lawyer can walk you through the entire process of buying or selling your home.
What a Lawyer Do When You Are Purchasing a New Home
1. Purchase contracts can be difficult to understand, especially if there are many stipulations attached. Your lawyer will go over the contract with you and explain everything before you sign.
2. Your lawyer will do a search to make sure that there are no liens, covenants, or easements attached to the property.
3. When you are buying a home, there are a great deal of legal documents which need to be prepared. Your lawyer will prepare these forms.
4. A lawyer will go over the terms of the mortgage with your lender and will then explain the terms to you.
5. In order to protect you from title defects, which leads to losses, your lawyer will arrange title insurance protection for you.
6. Your lawyer will attend the closing, and will review all of the paperwork which you are required to sign.
What a Lawyer Do When You Are Selling Your Home
1. Your lawyer will prepare the purchase and sale agreement. If necessary, your lawyer will negotiate the terms of the agreement with the buyers or their attorney.
2. When you are selling your home, a deed needs to be prepared. Your attorney will do this for you, and handle the power of attorney if necessary.
3. If there are any title issues, your attorney will help to correct them.
4. Your attorney will attend the closing, and review each of the documents that you are required to sign.
5. If necessary, your attorney will arrange for insurance certificates.
6. Your attorney will arrange for the transfer of security deposits.
Buying or selling a home can be very complicated. Just the paperwork alone can be too much for most people. This is why it is a good idea to hire a Real Estate Lawyer in Cornelius NC. The professionals at Lake Law Office, PLLC can make buying or selling a home seem simpler than it really is.