Reasons Why a Non-Custodial Parent Would Need Help from a Child Support Attorney in Fair Oaks, CA

by | Jan 25, 2016 | Family Law and Divorce

Top Stories



In most cases, divorced couples agree on one thing: they want what is best for the children. When a non-custodial parent believes that the custodial parent is not acting in the best interest of the kids, it is time to seek the services of a child support attorney in Fair Oaks, CA . Here are some situations that would call for taking such an action.

Interfering with Visitation Privileges

As the non-custodial parent, the individual is entitled to have time with the children in accordance with the custody arrangement. When it seems that the custodial parent always comes up with an excuse for delaying a visit, something needs to be done. If attempts to come to some sort of resolution fail, the only resource is to talk to a child support attorney in Fair Oaks, CA. With an attorney now handling the communications, there is a good chance that the custodial parent will become cooperative once again.

Possible Danger for the Children

Based on what the children are telling the non-custodial parent, and some other indications that seem to back up what they are saying, it may be time to seek a change in the custody arrangement. This is especially true if the non-custodial parent has reason to think that the safety of the children is compromised in some manner. Before making any allegations, it pays to see an attorney and find out what should be done to investigate the situation. If there is evidence that the children are in any danger, the findings can be taken to court and a motion to amend the custody arrangement can be filed.

The Children Want to Live with the Non-Custodial Parent

The children are older now and have reached an age when they have some say in which parent they would prefer to live with. If a child has voiced a desire to live with the non-custodial parent, it pays to talk to an attorney about how to make the necessary change. Assuming the court believes that the non-custodial parent can provide a proper home and the child sincerely desires to make the change, there is a good chance of gaining the consent of the court.

Any non-custodial parent who believes some sort of legal action is necessary should click here and arrange a consultation today. A solution may be easier than you realize.