There is more to an estate plan than simply drafting a will or trust. To ensure a seamless transfer of all your assets, consider working with an estate planning attorney from Fort Myers, FL. With their help, you can have provisions carried out as you wish.
Important Things to Remember
Some key takeaways to keep in mind as you think about how you want your assets distributed are:
Everybody, not just wealthy people, can receive help from making sure their finances and assets are taken care of properly after their death.
Probate court can lead to unintended asset distribution without correct planning.
Estate planning can also involve giving relatives or an attorney permission to carry out your wishes while you are still alive but unable to do it.
Estate Planning Must-Haves
1. A Will or Trust
– to ensure your wishes are fulfilled and limit to legal challenges or taxes.
2. Durable Power of Attorney
– an agent or person who acts on your behalf when you lose the ability to do so.
3. Beneficiary Designations
– a beneficiary prevents the court from deciding the fate of your money and assets.
4. Letter of Intent
– defines what happens to a particular asset if you become incapacitated or die.
5. Healthcare Power of Attorney
– chooses who can make important decisions about your medical treatment.
6. Guardianship Designations
– a preferred individual or couple to raise your children.
Ensure Your Assets Get Distributed Properly
Contact Linde Law Group to get professional legal help from an estate planning attorney in Fort Myers, FL. Visit www.floridaprobatelitigator.com for more information.